It’s the nightmare of all nightmares. A car packed full of moaning kids, luggage and a fuming other half because you’ve broken down on the hard shoulder and are now waiting for the recovery truck. Of course, some breakdowns are caused by unpredictable things but there are a few checks you can make before setting off on a summer holiday to minimise upsets down the road:
Articles in this section
- What do I need to do to make sure my car keeps running during this pandemic?
- Buying your first car
- ‘noise cameras’ being installed across the country
- How to work out if your brakes are on the way out without having to remove a wheel?
- What to do with that can of gunk in your boot when you get a puncture?
- 3 quick checks to make before you head off for a family holiday in your car.
- TIP: Vehicle Tax doesn't automatically transfer to family members in the same household.
- What’s the ULEZ (Ultra Low Emission Zone)
- Where to get your new car serviced?
- See these easy tips for a first time MOT pass.